Your Workout PERFECTED Ebook With CE Exam
The package components are delivered online:
• Your Workout PERFECTED ebook
• Continuing education exam
Every workout is intended to do one thing: maximize results. Whether that result is fitness, function and performance, fat loss, or physique improvements, you want your efforts to pay off. What if you had the opportunity to have the NSCA Personal Trainer of the Year show you how to make every workout better? Now you do have access to that expertise with Your Workout PERFECTED.
Nick Tumminello, author of Strength Training for Fat Loss and Building Muscle and Performance, knows that a “one size fits all” approach can’t work for yourself or your clients. That go-to program you love may be more harmful than beneficial. Or maybe, with some slight alterations, it’s exactly what your client needs. That’s why he developed Your Workout PERFECTED. It’s a unique and cooperative approach—one that works to improve, not replace, your routine.
Inside, there are 243 exercises and 71 programs, including beginner workouts for those who are just starting and even alternative home or hotel gym workouts and bodyweight workouts. Plus, you’ll learn the following:
• The mistakes you may be making
• Minor changes to techniques that can produce big results
• Why certain exercises are preferable over others
• Whether men and women should be trained differently
• Exercises to avoid
• Proven principles to follow
• Combinations and sequences to maximize results
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After reading the book and completing the exam, you will be able to do the following:
• Explain why a client’s training objectives (fitness, function and performance, fat loss, or physique improvement) determine what training program to use.
• Explain the benefits of resistance training.
• Identify common strength training myths.
• Explain the exercise and nutrition strategies for fat loss.
• Discuss the science of strength and apply the associated principles to an exercise program.
• Choose exercises to improve exercise programs.
• Describe warm-up and mobility sequences and exercises.
• Modify exercises to improve efficiency and reduce injury risk.
• Describe the proper techniques for upper-body, lower-body, core, and conditioning exercises.
• Describe common ways to create a conditioning exercise complex.
• Explain the basics of a beginner resistance training program.
• Explain the basics of exercise programs to improve fitness, function and performance, fat loss, and physique and programs for fat loss.
• Describe the strategies to minimize exercise-related injuries.
A continuing education exam for personal trainers, fitness instructors, and strength and conditioning professionals.
Table of Contents
Part I. Training Objectives
Chapter 1. Fitness
Chapter 2. Function and Performance
Chapter 3. Fat Loss
Chapter 4. Physique
Part II. Exercises
Chapter 5. Warm-Up and Mobility Exercises
Chapter 6. Upper-Body Exercises
Chapter 7. Lower-Body Exercises
Chapter 8. Core Exercises
Chapter 9. Conditioning Exercises
Part III. Programming
Chapter 10. General Beginner Programs
Chapter 11. Fitness Programs
Chapter 12. Function and Performance Programs
Chapter 13. Fat Loss Programs
Chapter 14. Physique Programs
Chapter 15. Strategies for Minimizing Injury
Very good course!