Complete Guide to TRX® Suspension Training® Print CE Course
Course components are delivered as printed products:
• Complete Guide to TRX® Suspension Training® text
• Study guide
• Continuing education exam
The popularity of Suspension Training® has exploded throughout the world. According to the Health and Fitness Advisory blog, it was the top training trend of 2014, while an American College of Sports Medicine poll of strength and conditioning professionals voted Suspension Training as the top trend of 2015. In an independent study, the American Council on Exercise (ACE) concluded that TRX® training improves a "variety of strength metrics and several important indicators of cardiometabolic health—waist circumference, body-fat percentage, and resting systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Positive changes in these biological markers are associated with significant reductions in individuals’ risk for coronary heart disease and diabetes.”
Approved and endorsed by TRX®, the global leader in functional training products, programming, and education, the Complete Guide to TRX® Suspension Training® CE Course is the authoritative resource on the safe, effective, and optimal use of Suspension Training and programming. Along with covering Suspension Training basics, the CE course will guide you through more than 115 exercises designed to develop your client’s strength, power, core stability, flexibility, and balance with the use of a Suspension Trainer™. Over 30 ready-to-use programs will help your clients shed pounds and get the chiseled physiques they desire, whether they are in the gym, at home, or in a hotel room.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Explain the basic concept of Suspension Training.
• Identify how the base of support and anchor point affect various exercises.
• Explain the differences in angles of pull and bases of support.
• Describe how to use the handles properly.
• Demonstrate how to set up the Suspension Trainer based on exercise and user needs.
• Identify when to use Suspension Training as an appropriate warm-up modality.
• Use Suspension Training to evaluate training progress.
• Use Suspension Training exercises as physical assessment tests.
• Describe proper anatomical positioning for Suspension Training exercises.
• Recognize differences between Suspension Training exercise variations.
• Modify the difficulty of Suspension Training exercises.
• Use proper programming principles to target specific training goals.
• Identify incorrect movement patterns during Suspension Training exercises.
• Use training principles to guide the development of training programs.
• Explain how Suspension Training exercises can be used to develop strength and power.
• Recognize how balance, stability, and flexibility affect performance and how they can be trained using Suspension Training.
A continuing education course for strength and conditioning, athletic training, and personal training professionals