Strength Band Training 3rd Edition Online CE Exam With Print Book
- Strength Band Training, Third Edition, book
- Online continuing education exam
The book is organized to group exercises by upper and lower body strengthening, joint and muscle isolation, core stability, flexibility, and total body fitness. The full-color photos throughout the book showcase both flat bands and tubing. You’ll also find a strength assessment index to measure progress, chapters addressing training for older adults and rehabilitation, training tips connecting research to specific exercises, and injury prevention guidelines throughout.
Elastic resistance exercises apply resistance in multiple directions—something free weights and machines cannot do—for routines that can simulate sport-specific demands, strengthen the core, or help clients prevent or recover from common injuries. The book has a total of 27 different programs designed for optimal fitness, team sport training, individual sport training, or rehabilitation.
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Explain four benefits of using elastic resistance for strengthening exercises.
- Describe the difference between force and torque when applied to elastic resistance.
- Design an exercise band workout for clients of different ages with different goals and levels of conditioning.
- Differentiate between various types of flexibility exercises and explain the appropriate use of each.
- Evaluate and select appropriate single-joint or multiple-joint elastic band exercises for different situations.
- Determine the best exercises for improving strength in the upper body.
- Determine the best exercises for improving strength in the lower body.
- Compare the benefits of elastic band resistance to those of body weight resistance used for core strengthening.
- Design a resistance program for the whole body that uses elastic resistance.
- Select appropriate exercises to safely build a conditioning program for older adults.
- Demonstrate how to effectively manipulate a circuit exercise program to target different body parts and varying levels of fitness.
- Understand how to create training programs for teams and individuals, including injured athletes, using elastic resistance equipment.
AudienceCertified fitness instructors, personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, athletic trainers, and physical therapists.
Chapter 1. Elastic Resistance Explained
Chapter 2. Band Basics
Chapter 3. Application and Assessment
Part II. Elastic Resistance Exercises and Workouts
Chapter 4. Flexibility
Chapter 5. Joint and Muscle Isolation
Chapter 6. Upper Body Strength
Chapter 7. Lower Body Strength
Chapter 8. Core Stability
Chapter 9. Total Body
Chapter 10. Older Adults
Part III. Elastic Resistance Programs
Chapter 11. Optimal Fitness
Chapter 12. Team Sports
Chapter 13. Individual Sports
Chapter 14. Rehabilitation