Essential Guide for Mental Performance Consultants (Digital Resource), The
The Essential Guide for Mental Performance Consultants is an interactive web-based text that can be used on a variety of devices, offering a practical and affordable way to explore the foundations and applications of sport psychology and mental performance. As readers advance through the text, the following learning aids offer interactive activities and practice opportunities:
- Knowledge statements outline each chapter’s content and describe how it meets required knowledge groups and components from the certification exam.
- Interactive scenarios challenge readers to respond to realistic case studies by selecting appropriate paths to address the situation. Feedback is provided to help readers select the best possible choice at each point in the scenario.
- Check-ins allow readers the opportunity to test their knowledge as they progress through the content with short multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-false questions. Instant feedback is provided to reveal the correct answer and explain why it’s correct.
- Video summaries at the end of each chapter deliver brief presentations that summarize complex topics efficiently.
- Quizzes at the end of each chapter test readers’ retention with 10 to 20 multiple-choice or true-false questions, offering an opportunity to practice for the certification exam.
- Key terms are bolded throughout, highlighting important content to memorize.
- A final test at the conclusion of the text provides 100 questions that reflect the content and format of the CMPC certification exam. Readers may use this test as a realistic practice opportunity and to identify areas needed for further study.
The Essential Guide for Mental Performance Consultants equips readers with the expert knowledge and advice they need to succeed as a qualified mental performance consultant. By completing interactive activities and practicing exam study skills, readers will conclude this text feeling confident and prepared to pass the CMPC certification exam and to succeed in their future careers.
AudienceProfessionals and students preparing for the Certified Mental Performance Consultant® (CMPC®) certification exam or individuals interested in deepening their knowledge and understanding of sport psychology and mental performance.
Chapter 2. Foundational Psychological Theories, Models, and Constructs
Chapter 3. Learning and Skill Acquisition
Chapter 4. Leadership Development
Chapter 5. Techniques for Developing Rapport, Trust, and Open Communication With Clients
Chapter 6. Assessment of Individuals, Teams/Groups, & Organizations
Chapter 7. Mental Skills and Tools Related to Performance
Chapter 8. Performance Psychology Interventions
Chapter 9. Evaluation of Consulting and Program Effectiveness
Chapter 10. Coaching Effectiveness
Chapter 11. Psychology of Injury and Rehabilitation
Chapter 12. Physiological and Neuropsychological Bases of Performance
Chapter 13. Ethics and Professional Issues
Chapter 14. Culture and Diversity
AASP promotes the development of science and ethical practices in the ﬁeld of sport and performance psychology.
AASP is the only place to earn the accredited CMPC® certiﬁcation, validating the expertise to help clients develop and use mental, life, and self-regulatory skills to optimize performance, enjoyment, and/or personal development in their performance domain. CMPCs are qualified individuals who have completed a combination of educational and work requirements and successfully pass a certification exam.
Sport Psychology Interventions Targeting High-Pressure Situations
The Transtheoretical Model and Sport Psychology
It is well written and provides a good reminder of key topics/theories. Unfortunately, you cannot highlight/make comments for yourself so need to find another way to take/keep notes from what is covered. Also, there are too many "preambles" (overview "video" is monotone, knowledge statement is useful, introduction is more of the same and would be better suited to the summary). In my opinion, it would be better from the reader's perspective to have the knowledge statement and then get into the content. Examples throughout are good, but there could be more to really illustrate the use of the content.
I wish I could order a hard or printed copy.
The content in this book is great, so I have no criticism there, but the fact that you can’t highlight anything in the text is VERY disappointing. Also, I’m not sure if it’s just me, but every time I log on it never seems to remember the last place I read to. This is another disappointing aspect of the book. For the cost, both of these features should be available.