Pilates for Rehabilitation Online CE Course With Ebook
- Pilates for Rehabilitation ebook
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Pilates for Rehabilitation will teach you how to apply proven Pilates methods to address dysfunction and help your patients achieve optimal performance. Renowned instructor and physical therapist Samantha Wood provides detailed descriptions of the most effective exercises for rehabilitating and healing injuries, improving functional strength, promoting efficient movement, and managing pain.
In addition to step-by-step instructions for Pilates apparatus and mat work, you will learn the indications and contraindications of each exercise and the primary muscles involved so you can determine when the exercise is appropriate for each client. Modifications and progressions allow for adaptation of exercises based on the stage of rehabilitation or the severity of the injury or condition being treated. Suggested exercise protocols, organized by common orthopedic injuries in anatomical regions, offer the flexibility to tailor a program to the specific needs of each client.
The companion study guide, designed to help you learn the information and prepare for the continuing education exam, includes a course syllabus, course instructions, learning objectives, learning activities, and a referenced answer key. Once you complete the course and pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Describe how Pilates can help clients in healing from injuries as well as to increase overall fitness level.
- Explain the 10 guiding principles that make the Pilates method unique and differentiate it from other forms of conditioning.
- Compare the benefits of each piece of Pilates equipment and explain the differences in these types of equipment.
- For each Pilates exercise, know the primary muscles involved, the objectives, indications, precautions, progressions, and technique for proper execution.
- Select appropriate Pilates exercises for specific orthopedic conditions and pathologies.
AudienceCertified athletic trainers, personal trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches.
Chapter 2. Guiding Principles of Pilates
Chapter 3. Integrating Pilates With Rehabilitation
Chapter 4. Methodology and Apparatus Needed for an Effective Practice
Chapter 5. Mat Exercises
Chapter 6. Reformer Exercises
Chapter 7. Cadillac Exercises
Chapter 8. Wunda Chair Exercises
Chapter 9. The Cervical and Thoracic Spine
Chapter 10. The Lumbar Spine
Chapter 11. The Shoulder
Chapter 12. The Hip Injuries
Chapter 13. The Knee
Chapter 14. The Foot and Ankle