Secrets of Successful Program Design Ebook With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- Secrets of Successful Program Design ebook
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
You’ll learn how to properly assess a client and design the most effective program based on their individual goal—whether that is fat loss, muscle and strength building, or improved overall conditioning. You’ll also learn how to customize the training experience of your client on the fly, effectively progressing and regressing exercises according to day-to-day fluctuations in abilities and needs. This will ensure you are delivering the best results possible for each client every time they train.
This guide to building training programs is supplemented with a selection of predesigned workouts that will draw on your skills for progressing and regressing exercises, saving you valuable time and energy while still allowing you to produce a personalized experience for your client.
A reliable system-based approach to program design that consistently delivers results to every client—regardless of demographic profile, ability, or goals—will set your training business up for success in the incredibly competitive fitness market.
Upon completing the ebook, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain and apply the four-step process of program design.
- Identify the primary factor that all program design starts with.
- Effectively manipulate the primary programming variables based on the desired outcome.
- Explain the difference between a program and a workout.
- Choose an appropriate program for an incoming client based on the person’s training age.
- Know the purpose of screening and be able to utilize it to determine whether an exercise is the correct fit for a client.
- Effectively progress or regress an exercise based on progression principles.
- Recognize why it is preferable to use a movement-based approach rather than a muscle-based approach in programming.
- Identify why strength is such an important physical quality and how to apply progressive overload in practice.
- Effectively design a group or individual program for a variety of client goals.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and other certified fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsPart I. Programming: Going Beyond the Basics
Chapter 1. Programmed Response
Chapter 2. Accurately Assessing Current Training Status
Chapter 3. Progressing and Regressing Exercises on the Fly
Part II. The Training Programs
Chapter 4. Fat-Loss Programs
Chapter 5. Muscle-Building Programs
Chapter 6. Strength-Building Programs
Chapter 7. General Fitness Programs
Chapter 8. Semiprivate and Group Training Programs
Chapter 9. The Fitness Coach’s Toolbox of Workouts
Part III. Evaluation and Progression
Chapter 10. Ongoing Program Design
Chapter 11. Tracking Results
Appendix: Basic Training Cycle Process With Progression