Pilates 3rd Edition With CE Exam
- Pilates, Third Edition, text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
- Wunda chair
- Ladder barrel, also known as the high barrel
- Step barrel, also known as the spine corrector
- Arm chair (F2 chair)
- Magic circle
The book includes a purposeful grouping of exercises into programs that work all regions of the body and progress from the fundamental level through the intermediate and advanced levels to allow you to train clients at all stages of Pilates practice. Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the value of Pilates for everyone, even those without athletic or dance training.
- Identify the benefits of Pilates.
- Explain the Pilates principles and how they apply to the exercises.
- Distinguish the natural curves of the spine.
- Explain the function of the pelvic floor in providing support throughout the exercises.
- Identify the muscles of the back and the internal support system (also known as the powerhouse) and the major muscles of the pelvis.
- Demonstrate the proper alignment for ideal posture.
- Explain when to maintain a neutral spinal position and when to be in forward flexion.
- Safely and effectively design workout sessions and programs, using the BASI block system.
- Demonstrate exercises on the mat, reformer, wunda chair, cadillac, barrels, ped-a-pul, and arm chair.
- Enhance exercises and make exercise more challenging, using the springs on the reformer.
AudiencePilates teachers, personal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 2. Alignment, Posture, and Movement
Chapter 3. Powerful Pilates Practice
Chapter 4. Mat Work
Chapter 5. Reformer
Chapter 6. Cadillac
Chapter 7. Wunda Chair
Chapter 8. Barrels
Chapter 9. Ped-a-Pul
Chapter 10. Arm Chair
Chapter 11. Magic Circle
Chapter 12. Sample Exercise Routines