Complete Guide to Foam Rolling eBook with CE Exam
Package components are delivered online:
• Complete Guide to Foam Rolling e-book
• Continuing education exam
Complete Guide to Foam Rolling is the answer to improved athletic performance. Foam rolling before, during, and after a workout can get blood flowing, stimulate muscles to work more efficiently, and initiate the recovery process to reduce soreness.
Backed by scientific research, Complete Guide to Foam Rolling provides step-by-step instructions for 27 of the most effective foam rolling techniques for muscle preparation and recovery. Reduce pain and restore function with therapeutic movements that help rehabilitate the body and reduce the risk of injury. Learn proper techniques to breathe, relax, and roll through tight spots as part of the warm-up, flexibility work, and cool-down. Then adapt any of the ready-to-use protocols to create a customized program to address specific problem areas as well as overall muscle and nervous system needs.
In addition, the book reviews the various types of rolling equipment and which is best for particular needs. Special tips throughout the text provide further advice for preventing injury to muscles and joints.
Invest in your training success—and that of your clients and athletes—by applying these proven self-massage techniques. Complete Guide to Foam Rolling paves the way for better overall performance while offering certified professionals the opportunity to earn continuing education with the companion exam.
After reading the book and completing the exam, you will be able to
• explain how foam rolling aids in muscle recovery;
• describe the flexibility benefits of foam rolling;
• identify the benefits of foam rolling for injury prevention;
• understand the contraindications for foam rolling;
• describe the types of equipment that can be used for foam rolling and the conditions under which each should be used;
• understand how muscle and nerve function and position play a role in foam rolling technique;
• perform a movement assessment to identify muscles that can benefit from foam rolling;
• explain how foam rolling can improve performance in sport;
• list the three types of stretching that can increase flexibility;
• describe how foam rolling can enhance rehabilitation from injury; and
• create effective foam rolling programs to be used during warm-up, flexibility work, and recovery.
A continuing education exam for certified professionals looking for alternatives to traditional stretching as a way to prepare for and recover from a workout.
Table of ContentsPart I. Foundations
Chapter 1. Science of Foam Rolling
Chapter 2. Benefits of Foam Rolling
Chapter 3. Foam Rolling Safety
Chapter 4. Foam Rolling Equipment
Part II. Techniques
Chapter 5. Foot and Lower Leg
Chapter 6. Upper Leg
Chapter 7. Hips
Chapter 8. Chest and Upper Back
Chapter 9. Shoulders and Arms
Part III. Programming
Chapter 10. Full-Body Assessment
Chapter 11. Warm-Up
Chapter 12. Flexibility
Chapter 13. Recovery
Chapter 14. Rehabilitation
About the Author
The book is very informative; too informative.
Alot of materials are repeated and overlapped over and over.
Overall, easy to read and follow through.
I’m not quite done the course yet but so far it has been informative.
The book is a great for all things foam rolling. It is very in-depth and takes the time to show the pros and cons of using a foam roller on different areas of the body. I do find there is quite a few sections that were redundant and felt like they were copy and pasted section to section. Overall this a great book, will be introducing a foam rolling program for our athletes at our gym.
Really interesting course. Great information and learnt a lot.
The reading was a little overwhelming but interesting and the info I learned I will definitely use in my classes and personal routines!