This webinar will answer the following questions:
- What are the causes of low back pain?
- Why are people with low back pain dissuaded from having scans and x-rays?
- What advice and exercises can you give to clients with acute low back pain -- for example, stemming for a lumbar herniation?
- What advice, exercises, stretches and treatment can you give to clients with chronic low back pain?
- What measures can you use to assess whether your advice and treatment has been effective?
Jane Johnson is a chartered physiotherapist with a background in musculoskeletal occupational health and is currently studying for a PhD. Formerly a massage therapist and fitness instructor for many years, she has a passion for helping undergraduate and newly qualified massage, health and fitness professionals gain confidence in using common (and uncommon) assessment and treatment methods. Her treatment focus is on helping patients to implement practical ways for dealing with common musculoskeletal conditions. Jane is author of six books: Postural Assessment, Postural Correction, Soft Tissue Release, Deep Tissue Massage, Therapeutic Stretching and The Big Back Book: Tips & Tricks for Therapists.