In this podcast interview by New Books in Sport, Jorge Iber discusses the research and issues presented in his recent coauthored book, Latinos in U.S. Sport. Iber touches on a variety of issues, including:
- His initial interest in studying Latinos in sport and why he wrote a book on the topic
- The development of sports in the U.S. Southwest and its parallel to the use of sports in other borderlands
- The issues driving Latino dominance in baseball compared to other sports, such as football
- How sports are used in Latino culture to counteract traditional stereotypes
- The current trends in sport marketing toward the Latino population in the U.S.