Eat Well & Keep Moving, Third Edition, is a school-based program that has been implemented in all 50 states and in more than 20 countries. This new edition provides fourth- and fifth-grade teachers with the following:
- Nutrition and activity guidelines updated according to the latest and best information available
- 48 multidisciplinary lessons that supply students with the knowledge and skills they need in choosing healthy eating and activity behaviors
- Lessons that address a range of learning outcomes and can be integrated across multiple subject areas, such as math, language arts, social studies, and visual arts
- Two new core messages on water consumption and sleep and screen time along with two new related lessons
- A new Kid's Healthy Eating Plate, created by nutrition experts at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, which offers children simple guidance on making healthy choices and enhances the USDA's MyPlate
Eat Well & Keep Moving also offers a web resource that contains numerous reproducibles. A separate website, www.eatwellandkeepmoving.org, provides detailed information for food service managers interested in making healthful changes to their school menus; this information includes recipes, preparation tips, promotional materials, classroom tie-ins, and staff training. The web resource also details various approaches to getting parents and family members involved in Eat Well & Keep Moving.
The curriculum fits within school curricula, uses existing school resources, is inexpensive to implement, and is easy to adopt. The content is customizable to school and student population profiles and can help schools meet new criteria for federally mandated wellness policies.
This enhanced e-book with video is now available for purchase through the Apple iBookstore and Amazon's Kindle store and is compatible with iOS devices—iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch—using the iBooks or Kindle app. It is also available via Barnes & Noble for use on the NOOK Color or NOOK Tablet.